If you’re looking for a fast and short-term way to transform your appearance for any event, clip-in hair extensions are a great choice. They’re ideal for achieving a specific look, whether it’s adding length or fullness, and they’re simple to attach and remove.
Among the variety of clip-in hair extension pieces available are the 8-piece clip-in hair extensions. With sets of extensions available in different lengths, attaching all 8 pieces to your hair is a hassle-free experience that you can do from the comfort of your own home without needing to hire a professional hairstylist.
Related Posts to read:
Synthetic or Human Hair Clip-in Extensions?
When selecting clip-in extensions, you get to choose between human and synthetic hair. Just as with all extensions, the 8-piece clip-in set is available in both options. However, if you can afford it, then human hair extensions are a better choice as they offer more durability, can be washed and dried, can withstand heat styling and can even be coloured just like your own hair.
A DIY Guide to Attaching the 8-piece clip-in hair extensions
Knowing how to properly attach your clip-in extensions is important because it helps you to rock them confidently without being worried that they might slide out of your hair or if the wefts are visible for all to see.
Attaching the 8-piece clip-in extension is a straightforward process; simply take the following steps:
- Brush through your hair and the extensions: Use a soft brush to brush through your natural hair to make sure it is completely free of tangles or knots. Then, brush through the extensions to keep them smooth.
- Section your hair: Use a rat-tail comb to create a clean part in your hair, and use hair clips to keep excess hair in place.
- Start with a 2-clip weft: Take a 2-clip weft and brush it, tease the roots of your hair, then snap open the clips on the weft and clip to the roots of your hair.
- Take a 3-clip weft: Repeat the above process with the 3-clip weft about an inch above the previously attached weft. Start by snapping in the centre clip first before working your way to the side clips.
- Take the 4-clip weft: This is the widest weft of the 8-piece extensions and should be attached to the centre of your head, above the previous weft; then place and measure the weft for a perfect fit. It is advised that you fix-in the middle clips before moving to the side clips.
- Take another 4-clip weft: Take the second 4-clip weft and attach it to your head just an inch above the previously attached weft.
- Take the 1-clip weft: This should be fixed to the side of your hair to increase volume on both sides of your hair. Make sure that it lies flat against your scalp.
- Finish with the 2-clip weft: Just an inch above the previously attached weft, attach the 2-clip weft on the side.
- Now repeat the process with the last 1-clip and 2-clip weft on the other side of your hair.
- Now that you’ve used up all the 8 pieces of wefts, brush your hair gently to ensure all wefts are properly hidden and make any necessary adjustments. Then, style as desired using heat styling tools if you wish to curl or straighten.
Conclusively, the entire process as listed above will teach you how to properly put in 8-piece clip-in hair extensions. By keenly following these steps, you can achieve a seamless and natural-looking result.
Remember to choose the right type of extensions, whether synthetic or human hair, based on your preferences and budget.
Image Gallery – How To Put In 8-Piece Clip-In Hair Extensions
Related Posts to Read:
- How To Apply Zala Clip-In Hair Extensions
- How To Apply Bellami Clip-In Hair Extensions
- How To Air-Dry Clip-In Hair Extensions?
- How To Clean Clip-In Hair Extensions
- How Many Clip-In Extensions Are Needed For A Full Head?
- How To Properly Install Clip-In Hair Extensions
- How To Untangle Clip-In Hair Extensions
- What Are The Thickest Clip-In Hair Extensions?
- Why Do Clip-In Hair Extensions Get Tangled?
- How Long Can You Wear Clip-In Hair Extensions?
- Do Clip-in Hair Extensions Fall Out Easily?
- How To Put In 5-Piece Clip-In Hair Extensions.
- How To Put In 6-Piece Clip-In Hair Extensions.
- How To Put In 7-Piece Clip-In Hair Extensions.
- About Hair Extension (Link).