In this blog post, we’ll be exploring a common question: whether hair extensions are suitable for all women, including those engaged in active sports such as football. Specifically, we’ll delve into the topic of football players wearing hair extensions.
Do Football Players Wear Hair Extensions?
Yes, football players can indeed wear hair extensions. There’s no specific regulation prohibiting their use in the sport. As such, a number of professional footballers do opt for hair extensions.
Therefore, if you’re an athlete contemplating whether to wear extensions, rest assured that you can. The key is to select the style and type that best suits your comfort level.
Related Post: What Are Human Hair Extensions Made Of?
Best Hair Extensions For Football Players
As a football player, you can wear any hairstyles you want with hair extensions. However, certain types of hair extensions should be avoided due to the stresses of playing football.
The purpose of this is to remove the possibility of your hair extensions falling out while playing football on the field. I’ll list some good options suitable for you as a football player.
- Sew-In Extensions: These are extensions that are attached to your hair with a needle and thread. Hairpieces are normally sold in bundles and are attached to your natural hair by sewing it in. Depending on the style or look you want to achieve, the hair bundle might be natural or synthetic, long or short, straight or wavy. This type of hair extension is appropriate for all hair types. You can have them installed professionally or learn how to do it yourself at home by watching videos on YouTube.
- Micro Ring Extensions: This type of extension is made up of small copper rings that are attached to your natural hair. The nice thing about this sort of hair extension is that you can use it for an extended amount of time without discomfort. They can be readjusted when your natural hair grows out to meet the new length, which is fantastic. However, if you have thin or damaged hair, I recommend avoiding this form of hair extension. Another thing to keep in mind is that you cannot install micro ring extensions at home. You should have this done by a skilled hairstylist. If you try to perform it yourself and make a mistake, you risk causing significant damage.
- Nano Ring Extensions: These are very similar to the micro rings hair extensions mentioned above. The major difference is that Nano ring extensions use even smaller rings than the Micro ring extensions do. The best thing about these kinds of extensions is that they don’t need to be sewn or adhered to with glue. They don’t even directly contact your scalp; they can be connected to your hair using the Rings. You feel a lot of comfort with this extension’s modest weight. You cannot install this by yourself, just like Micro Ring Extensions. Additionally, it is inappropriate for those who have light or thin hair.
Although there are other hair extensions that are appropriate for Football players, those mentioned above are the best. The reason is because of how they are installed.
You don’t have to be concerned about them coming off during strenuous exercise because they are highly form-fitting. Additionally, they are incredibly light, which will make you feel very comfortable.
Hair Extensions To Avoid As Football Players
As with hair extensions, there are some that are ideal for football players to use and others that you should entirely avoid. In this section of the articles, I’ll discuss the ones to avoid and explain why they’re unwise decisions.
- Tape Extensions: These extensions link hair extension pieces to your natural hair using double-sided adhesive tape. They give a very natural-looking result and are extremely versatile in terms of style options. They are also appropriate for all hair types.
- Keratin Bond Extensions: These extensions entail attaching little pieces of hair extensions to your natural hair with a Keratin-based adhesive. This sort of hair extension is excellent and appropriate for all hair types. It may be used to create a variety of hairstyles and is extremely versatile. It employs heat and chemicals during the installation procedure, which can harm hair if not done correctly. If you don’t have much expertise doing it yourself, you should consult a professional hairstylist.
These types of hair extensions are not recommended for football players. The main reason for this is that Keratin Bonds and Tapes are both extremely sensitive to moisture. It is very normal for you to break a few sweats as a football player.
Consider yourself in the midst of an intense game, sweating heavily, and your hair extensions begin to lift or shift. That would be annoying. Should you be concerned about your hair if you’re already concerned about playing on the field?
I recommend that you avoid any extensions that require bonds, glues, or tapes to attach them.
In conclusion, you can wear hair extensions as an athlete, including football players. The only thing you should think about is buying those that are most suited to your hair type.
Then select one of the non-bonding, glue-free, or tape-free installation techniques.
This is because they can easily lift when they come into contact with moisture, such as sweat.
So, you don’t have to give up your style just because you’re a football player.
I hope you found this post helpful and that I was able to answer your question.
Thanks for reading.
Related Posts to Read:
- About Hair Extension (Link).