Many people use hair extensions to achieve a certain look or a specific hairstyle. Hair extensions are available in a wide range of qualities, types, and styles. Consider the look you want to achieve, how often you want to reuse that same hair extension, and how much money you are willing to spend when deciding on the type of hair extension to purchase.
Among the many things you should know about hair extensions, I’ll go over whether you can dye hair extensions while they’re in your head.
- Can You Dye Hair Extensions While In Your Head?
- How To Dye Your Hair Extensions While They Are In Your Head
- Things To Consider When Dying Your Hair Extensions While In Your Head
- Tips For Dying Your Hair Extensions While In Your Head
- How To Care For Dyed Hair Extensions
- Image Gallery – Can You Dye Hair Extensions While In Your Head?
Can You Dye Hair Extensions While In Your Head?
The simple answer to this question is yes. You can definitely dye your hair extensions while you have them installed on your head. It is not advisable to do it yourself, though, as there is a high probability you will be causing damage to your natural hair.
Remember, once you damage your natural hair, sometimes you might be unable to undo it.
This can be the case with dying your natural hair by yourself. The chemicals used in hair dye products may be abrasive to your hair.
It is not impossible to do without causing damage. If you do decide to have your hair extensions dyed while in your head, you should let a professional do it and avoid the urge to watch a YouTube video or two and attempt to do it by yourself for the safety of your natural hair.
How To Dye Your Hair Extensions While They Are In Your Head
If, for any reason, you decide to dye your hair extensions while they are in your head, here is how to do it. The first step is to be sure the type of hair you own can be dyed. If you own a synthetic hair extension, the probability that it can be dyed is very low. However, if it is a human hair extension, then it can be dyed.
Once you have gotten a dye of your desired colour, do a strand test by following the instructions on the hair dye pack or whatever routine you are following. A strand test allows you to see how your hair extension reacts or absorbs the dye and basically shows you the final result in order for you to make final decisions.
Sometimes how we think dying our hair will turn out might not be how it will turn out in reality. A strand test is basically making sure what you have in mind is what you are getting before doing it to the whole hair.
After applying the hair dye to your extensions, leave it in only for as long as necessary, depending on the instructions you are following. Then wash out the dye with shampoo and conditioner specially made for coloured hair in order to get out the chemicals and keep your hair extensions clean.
Things To Consider When Dying Your Hair Extensions While In Your Head
Here is a list of some things to consider when dying your hair extensions while in your head:
- Use appropriate products
- Avoid getting dye on the tape area of your hair extensions
- Make sure you know the type of hair extensions you have and whether they can be dyed in order to avoid completely ruining your hair extensions.
Tips For Dying Your Hair Extensions While In Your Head
Here are some tips to consider when dying your hair extensions while in your head:
- Always make sure the strands of your hair are separated before dying it. You can do this by thoroughly brushing it
- Wash your hair extensions first before applying dye products to it
- Wash your hair extensions with shampoo and conditioner meant for coloured hair after the dying process is complete
- Always read the instructions on every product you use, so you can apply them properly and avoid causing damage to your hair extensions and your natural hair.
- Try applying from root to tip and avoid getting dye on the tape of your hair extensions as it can ruin it, which will cause your hair extensions to fall out.
- Use a hair dye of good quality, so you do not end up causing damage to the hair extension or your natural hair.
How To Care For Dyed Hair Extensions
- Wash your dyed hair extensions with shampoo and conditioner meant for coloured hair
- You should only reapply dye as stated on the instructions of the dyeing products in order to avoid ruining your hair extension or your natural hair.
- Only sleep or cover your dyed hair extension when it is dry
- Wear a bonnet or a satin scarf while you sleep to avoid tangling
- Try not to use as much heat on dyed hair extensions
- Dyeing hair extensions can cause them to be dry, so you can apply conditioners regularly to keep them in good shape
If you are considering dyeing your hair extensions, you should get it done by a professional. If you intend to dye your hair extensions by yourself, be very careful so you do not cause damage to your natural hair.
Always consider the quality of the hair you wish to dye and the quality of the product you wish to use to dye your hair extensions so you do not ruin them.
Dying your hair extensions can help you switch up your look, but make sure you do it in a manner that does not harm your hair extensions and your natural hair. Remember, always avoid the tape of your tape in extensions and wash out the dye in time with shampoo and conditioner made for coloured hair.
Q: Can I dye my hair extension?
A: Yes, you can, as long as it is of good quality, like human hair.
Q: Does hair dye wash out of hair extensions?
A: Yes, they do. How you will successfully wash out the hair dye is dependent on the product you use.
Q: How much does it cost to dye your hair extension?
A: it depends on the hair quality and wherever you are getting it done
Q: Can I dye my synthetic extension?
A: Yes, you can, but you should not dye your synthetic extension as you can easily ruin them because they are of low quality.
Q: Can I dye my human hair extension?
A: Yes, you can dye your human hair extension.